A Fine Man Once Said:

"Part of the 10 million I spent on gambling, part of it on booze, and part of it on women. The rest I spent foolishly."

- George Raft





Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Shopping Along The Passeig De Gracia - Carmina



Once in Barcelona, it took me a few days to make my way to Carmina's shop on Passeig de Gracia. I had already decided that I wanted to sample the company's shell cordovan models. Carmina is already very well-known for its wonderfully crafted shell cordovan leather shoes, and after seeing the shoes in person, I have to say that the reputation is well deserved.

I eventually came away with a lovely pair of split-toe loafers in burdeos, or bordeaux, shell cordovan leather, and I promise to post pictures of those shoes in the next few days. 

In the meantime, here are a few images from inside the Carmina store, courtesy of An Uptown Dandy's European correspondent Jessie Butler.


 
A few of the shell cordovan offerings in saddle and cognac.


A wingtip model in burdios, or bordeaux, shell cordovan.

This is the same model that I picked up. Although the sales associate stated that this pair was also bordeaux, it appears to be more similar to the  cognac color.





There were quite a few exotic leathers and two-tone shoes on display in the women's section.


All in all, while the Barcelona shop may not be as large as the Paris outpost (in terms of actual retail space as well as available stock), the store has a wonderful atmosphere and is well worth the visit.





No comments:

Post a Comment