A Fine Man Once Said:

"Part of the 10 million I spent on gambling, part of it on booze, and part of it on women. The rest I spent foolishly."

- George Raft





Sunday, February 26, 2012

Thriftin' Ain't Easy: John Lobb's Miami

John Lobb's Miami.


As spring approaches, thrifting continues to pay dividends out in Northern New Jersey, particularly in the suburb towns along the midtown direct corridor. I probably hadn't done my normal loop since before the holiday season, so it was about time I popped into my haunts to see what could be had.  

I was not disappointed. I came away with a few items, but this pair of immaculate boat shoes from John Lobb, known as the Miami, were a pleasant surprise. Surprisingly, the white rubber soles show very little wear. And while the leather was a bit dry when I found them, the calf leather really jumped back to life after after I applied some Saphyr leather conditioner. 




Amazingly, I'm not even sure if these were even the best pick-up of the day, even with the absurd $15 price tag and with the 9E size on the 2995 last fitting my size 10 feet perfectly. 

But I'll let you all decide.

Stay Tuned!


1 comment:

  1. You are killing me with these thrift finds. Went out this weekend and got zero in the shoe depatment. How you continue to get high end shoes(saw the spectators on sf)on a consistent basis in my neck of the woods blows my mind. Guess you made a deal with the devil.

    ReplyDelete