A Fine Man Once Said:

"Part of the 10 million I spent on gambling, part of it on booze, and part of it on women. The rest I spent foolishly."

- George Raft





Sunday, January 22, 2012

What We're Ogling: Men's Ex - The World of High-End Shoes Vol. 5



I recently picked up Volume 5 of Men's Ex' World of High-End Shoes, and, as always, I was not disappointed. A lot of great photos of shoes from a wide range of makers, including Edward Green, Gaziano & Girling, John Lobb, Carmina, etc.



As I've said in the past, the only downside for shoe connoisseurs (English-speaking, that is) is that this is a Japanese-language magazine. But recently, the Style Forum member Nutcracker has been kind enough to post translations of entire pages  - a truly noble undertaking, which we cannot thank him/her enough for undertaking (you can see the SF thread here). This is truly a wonderful resource to have available.



Of course, Volume 5 also has plenty of the pages that I've grown to love and hate - the shoe connoisseur spreads with well-dressed gentlemen posing suavely while surrounded by legions of
lovely shoes.






I love these spreads because its always enjoyable to see the collections that have been amassed over the years.

Unfortunately, it also means another volume has gone by without the editors of Men's Ex to tell me my time has come. I wait patiently for the call . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment